All employers have a legal obligation to train staff on all the Health and Safety requirements within that individual’s work activity. This obligation lasts from the day that they are employed until the day they leave. In addition to basic Health and Safety induction training, everybody must be provided with enough knowledge, information and experience in order to ensure that they are competent to do their job safely and efficiently.
HSE-Solutions Ltd offer a wide range of accredited and bespoke Health and Safety training courses. All our courses are certificated and can be held at our client’s premises or at one of our approved training centres.
Training and UK Law
Under UK legislation there are many requirements for health and safety training. With reference to generic health and safety training, the following are of particular relevance:-
Health and Safety at Work Etc, Act 1974 (HSWA)
Under section 2 (2) (c) of this Act:-
It is the duty of every employer to, so far as is reasonably practicable, to ensure the health, safety and welfare of all his/her employees by providing such information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary.
Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999
Under this Regulation so far as is reasonably practicable employers shall ensure that his/her employees are provided with adequate health and safety training:-
- On recruitment
- On being transferred, given a change of responsibilities
- On the introduction of new work equipment or a change in respect of existing work equipment
- On the introduction of new technology
- On the introduction of a new system of work
- On the change in an existing system of work
This training shall:-
- Be repeated periodically where appropriate
- Be updated to take account of new or changed risk to health and safety of the employees concerned
- Take place during working hours
HSE-Solutions Ltd offer a wide range of training opportunities throughout the field of Health and Safety a selection of some of the courses we run are detailed below however if you want any further information about a specific course that does not appear below please contact us directly as we will probably have one prepared already.
Public & In House Courses
- COSHH Assessors
- COSHH Awareness
- Fire Wardens and Marshals
- Fire Awareness
- Health and Safety Awareness for Employees
- Health and Safety for Line Managers and Supervisors
- Management of Occupational Exposure to Vibration
- Manual Handling (MHO) Assessors
- Manual Handling (MHO) Awareness – How to Lift Safely
- Vibration Assessor Training
- Vibration Assessor Update
- Whole Body Vibration Assessor
- Risk Assessment
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Management Of Workplace Noise
- Workplace Noise Assessor
- DSE Assessor
- Stress Awareness
- Stress Risk Assessment
Standard In House Courses
- Construction, Design and Management (CDM) Regulations
- First Aid (Appointed Persons)
- Health and Safety for Directors – A Board Room Briefing
- Health and Safety Induction for Employees
- Health and Safety Management – Awareness and Responsibilities
- Office Safety
- Display Screen Equipment (DSE) Awareness
- IOSH Directing Safely
Client Specific In House Courses
Other courses our consultants have run include:-
- Client handling
- Ladder safety
- Lifting Equipment (Introduction to the Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment LOLER)
- Work Equipment (Introduction to Provision and use of work equipment, PUWER)
- Fire Wardens for care homes
- Health and safety in the motor trade
- First Aider (HSE Approved) 4 day course
- IOSH Safety passport
- IOSH Managing Safely in Construction
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate
- Asbestos Management of Asbestos in the workplace (1 day)
- Asbestos Employee Awareness (2 hours)
- Working at Heights
- Accident investigation
- Use of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Management of Stress In the workplace
- Warehouse safety
- CDM Duties of the Client
- CDM Duties of the CDM Co-ordinator
- CDM Duties of the Principal Contactor
- Tender documentation (H&S; component)
In House Training
Training how you like, when you like and where you like!
All our courses can be run in-house and tailored specifically to your needs at a date that suits your schedule and work routine, as well as building upon your training requirements, systems and procedures.
They can all be delivered at premises of your choice and at a time to suit you. We can provide all training equipment, screens, handouts and documentation leaving you to only arrange a venue, the delegates and refreshments if required.
Outsourced training provision
Whether you have already identified a training need or you wish HSE-Solutions Ltd to conduct a full training needs analysis of your workforce we are delighted to offer our outsourced unique tailored training provision. We provide tailored training programs that can be rolled out over multiple sites. We can arrange local venues close to your facilities, contact and co-ordinate attendance at the event and provide full documentation on attendance and evaluation.
Cost effective training
In-house training can often be a very cost-effective method where more than four staff need trained. The majority of courses can be run for up to 16 delegates and the fees charged remain the same irrespective of the numbers attending.
Client Specific Training
HSE-Solutions Ltd can custom design courses specifically for clients on any subject relating the Health, Safety and Environment. We are able to call on the extensive experience of our consultants as well as our external specialists to ensure that, whether it be for senior management or new trainees, you get the best custom designed training experience for your staff.