HSE-Solutions Ltd offer a “one stop shop” to our clients in relation to all health and safety advice and support. Whether you want us to run your whole health and safety function for you, arrange temporary full time on-site support or technical advice HSE-Solutions Ltd are here to help.
At HSE-Solutions Ltd we are well connected within the industry and maintain an up to date register of qualified and trusted specialists in many areas and therefore if we can’t help directly “we know someone who can”. Some of the aspects of health and safety risks can be complex and require specialist help.
Actually determining what you require from the specialist can also sometimes be difficult, time consuming and daunting. HSE-Solutions Ltd will liaise with the specialist on your behalf, provide a quote, arrange the work to be conducted and provide interpretation to you on the implications of the results.
Health and Safety legislation and the working practices required to meet legislative requirements can be a burden on the operation and profit centre of any organisation. Many organisations can’t justify the employment costs associated with taking on their own dedicated health and safety staff to guide them through the maze of health and safety legislation.
Others do have such personnel but find that some projects are very time consuming or require the input of a specialist, yet non-compliance with regulatory requirements carries with it severe penalties which can often cause a business to suffer great financial losses or closure.
At HSE-Solutions Ltd we identify and provide the specific services you require, tailored to your organisation’s needs, when and where you want them. Whatever your requirements, we provide a cost-effective solution that is right for you.
HSE-Solutions Ltd already provides Health Safety and Environmental consulting services to all sectors of business including Manufacturing Services Retail Local Government HealthCare Rail Events and Construction sectors.
With a diverse and highly skilled team of consultants, who are all full corporate members of IOSH with at least 5 years of operational experience, we have extensive experience in the following services:-
- Evaluation of existing health and safety policies and procedures
- Develop new or modify existing programs to establish a cost effective health and safety management system, unique to your business
- Advising on Health and Safety matters and acting as a Company’s “appointed person” conducting Health and Safety audits and inspections of your workplace
- Accident investigation
- Liaison with enforcing authorities
- Risk Assessments
- DSE Assessments
- Vibration Assessments
- Noise Assessments
- Ergonomic Assessments
- Workplace Audits and Inspections
Environmental Health and Safety issues should be addressed in all areas of a business’ management system and should not be a special “add on”. By allowing HSE-Solutions Ltd to assist your business develop the necessary policies, programs and management practices, we can help your business prevent the incidents which can lead to unnecessary injury or illness and help establish a safe productive workplace in compliance with the regulatory requirements.
If you need a cost-effective way to ensure that your company meets its statutory obligations and has access to unlimited telephone advice and support then our appointed person packages are ideal.
You can designate HSE-Solutions Ltd as your ‘competent person’ and access a range of benefits for your company via built-in consultancy and training time. This can range from having a named person available a few days a month to having a full time team on-site at the client’s premises.
The packages would usually include most or all of the services listed below:-
- Provision of, and updates to a company specific Health and Safety Manual
- A full review of your current Health and Safety procedures and training
- Drafting of or a review of your Health and Safety Policy statement and arrangements
- A detailed Health and Safety audit of your management systems and premises and the provision of a detailed report prioritising action required
- Advice on the development of safe systems of work and risk assessments
- Advice on the completion of Health and Safety tender documentation
- Your own personal client advisor, who will always be fully aware of your issues and requirements
- 24 hour emergency callout service for accidents/emergencies
- Telephone helpline for advice and guidance on all Health and Safety matters
- Liaison with enforcing authorities where required
Many managers are unclear how environmental legislation affects their business.
Stricter legislation and growing public awareness means that companies are increasingly at risk of regulatory action, additional costs and threat to their reputation.
In order to achieve desired environmental performance, environmental issues need to be integrated within the overall management activity of an organisation.
Environmental risks should be identified, assessed and managed, this may include issues such as air quality, waste, effluent, noise, water quality, contaminated land and transport.
HSE-Solutions Ltd has worked with a number of prestigious clients to manage environmental risks and develop their environmental management system.
HSE-Solutions Ltd provides a comprehensive environmental management service including the following:-
- Policy definition and strategy formulation
- Environmental management systems working towards and achieving ISO 14001
- Environmental auditing
- Contaminated land investigations
- Site monitoring for atmospheric emissions
- Advice on waste management techniques
- Noise and vibration monitoring
- Air quality testing and management
- Expert witness
Fire is probably one on the most significant risks that your business will face. When you consider that 70% of businesses suffering a fire never reopen, or close within 3 years of the fire, then taking the time to do all you can to prevent a fire looks like a very sensible investment.
Most workplaces are now subject to legislation as detailed in the Fire Precautions (Workplace) Regulations 1999 (as amended).
To comply with Health and Safety and Fire regulations you will need to do the following:
Carry out a fire risk assessment
If you have 5 or more employees the findings of this risk assessment will need to recorded and a written emergency plan produced. The risk assessment will help you to ascertain the chances of a fire occurring and the potential dangers involved. This risk assessment should be regularly monitored and reviewed. Our training team can offer training in Fire Risk Assessment to help you fully benefit from the process.
Provide and maintain Fire Safety equipment and procedures
The minimum provision includes:
- A means of detection and warning in the event of a fire
- A means of escape
- A means of fighting fire
- Fire safety training
- Nominate people to fire safety roles
- Inform employees
HSE-Solutions Ltd consultancy services include:
- Fire risk assessment and management
- Inspection and audit of premises
- Technical advice on plans and projects
- Liaison with Local Authorities and enforcing agencies
- Fire investigation
- Advice, design and specification of alarm systems
Our friendly independent fire safety experts will help you to understand and comply with all the legal requirements, along with all other relevant British and European Standards and the latest emerging legislation.
Fire risk assessment
Carrying out a fire risk assessment delivers real benefits to business; by taking a few simple steps to reduce fire risks, employers can prevent fires breaking out.
The questions you need to ask yourself are:-
- Have you been proactive in doing a full fire risk assessment for your business?
- Are you aware that full documentary evidence of this risk assessment needs to be kept to allow inspection at any time?
- Would your business stand up to an ad-hoc inspection from the fire brigade who not only need to see evidence of a fire risk assessment but also the full documentation to show you have completed it, if you employ five or more people?
If the answer is NO, then it is time to act.
All buildings owners and employers must undertake a fire risk assessment this must be completed by a competent person.
Unless you have experience it can sometimes be surprisingly hard to spot potential fire hazards. Our fire risk assessment services will help you protect your premises and people by giving you full visibility of what the fire risks are and where they lie.
We at HSE-Solutions Ltd can supply the person who will complete the fire risk assessment in conjunction with your staff. Once the fire risk assessment is complete, you will be provided with an easy to understand, personally tailored report. This will form the basis of your on-going fire safety procedures and demonstrate compliance.
Alternatively if your company is a low risk environment it may be more cost effective to train your own personnel to complete your fire safety risk assessment.
HSEQ policies and procedures
All employers are required by the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 to have effective arrangements in place to plan, organise, control, monitor and review health and safety systems and procedures. For your policies and procedures to be effectively implemented, they need to be up-to-date, relevant, practical and comprehensible.
We can draft policies and procedures from scratch or simply review and update existing material. Whichever route the client chooses, we work closely with them to ensure legal compliance and workable procedures.
- Efficient use of time – our consultants keep up to date with all UK and European legislation and know what is relevant to your business
- Keep up to date – we can let you know when policies need to be reviewed due to new legislation or best practice
- Don’t reinvent the wheel – model policies and procedures are available for you to adapt
- Practical approach – our documents are written to be used, not to be filed and forgotten.
- Practical, tailor made solutions to meet each client’s unique business requirements
- Consultants can provide resource and expertise to compliment your own
- Or we can manage and deliver a full health and safety policy, plan and procedures for you
- Project stages often include:-
- A review of current procedures, systems and practices, comparing them against current legislation, guidelines and best practice
- Development of plans and policies for areas not already covered
- Recommendations for change and revision of existing policies
- Making the revisions
- Regular review of documents for which this is a legal requirement.